Training and Time trial 24/25th March

Next weekend training, when we are back to the Cornish Riviera weather, Lightnings 9 o’clock, divisional paddlers 9.30.

Sunday is the last of our winter time trials, rerun of the one we had to cancel because of the weather. Start time 11.30, hour less in bed, Be down early to get your boat and kit ready. Any offers for safety boats readily accepted, and we will have the gazebo with tea and coffee, and could we have some cakes again all went well last time, particularly the apple cakes. Last chance for lightnings to upgrade their racing awards.

Only four weeks to the first Hasler race, looking for a good turnout and some promotions.



Training Cancelled

With some regret I am going to cancel the weekends training based on the weather forecast. With a windchill factor of -3 down here and 19 knot winds as well as strong snow showers for Sunday there is little to be achieved. The next paddling session will be at 5 o clock for lakes paddlers K2 on Tuesday evening 5 o clock in the park, looking at 10 miles or whatever you want to achieve. If you are going to be down on Tuesday let me know so that we can arrange boats. We will also be starting Wednesdays as soon as the clocks have changed.



Training 17/18th March.

Training Saturday 3.30 in the park for the lightnings, divisional paddlers at 4 oclock. Cold weekend so something warming again to keep away the hypothermia. Sunday will be 4 o clock divisional paddlers only, again a cold day so another warmer. Temperatures are forecast at -1 and -2 so need to bring the warm kit particularly little ones.


Training Saturday 10th March

The weather is changing around quite a lot for the weekend. Fairly strong winds for tomorrow, and dropping for Sunday I am cancelling lightnings for tomorrow because the forecast conditions will be too much for them. I will be down with the trailer for divisional paddling, with no lightnings we can start at 9.30, can’t stand another weekend off the water.